Home now. Executive summary of the day:
- walking time 7.5 hours
- did not climb any mountains
- did not see abandoned mines
- dd not make coffee
- did not have lunch
- did completely lose the trail I was following about 4 times
- did consider writing a will on more than one occasion
- did realise I was completely out of my depth multiple times
- every part of me hurts and is slightly damp now
- made it to the car just as it got dark
Best day ever. No regrets.
@mike we had a *much* less exciting walk today, from the sounds of it, but… nothing ventured, nothing gained?
Consider this a friendly, local pub. Make yourself at home, bring your friends, have a good time! Meet new people, have a laugh, enjoy the ambience, and the Oxford commas.